Protect your crop...and your yield, from late blight.
Ridomil Gold is a systemic and contact fungicide for the control of late blight and downy mildew in horticultural crops.
What is late blight?
- Potatoes: black water-soaked lesions (patches) on leaves and stems
- Tubers: brown sunken area forming on the tuber
- Tomatoes: large, grey-green leaf lesions. Brown lesions on stems and fruit
How does late blight affect your crop?
Late blight damages the harvestable part of the plant, eg., tomato fruit or potato tuber. It also damages leaves and stems. This negatively affects the plant's ability to take up and make use of nutrients and water.
What is downy mildew?
- Brassicas: sparse downy growth on lower leaf surfaces. Affects mainly seedlings.
- Tobacco lands and seedbeds: black shank
- Vineyards: affects leaves
You can use Ridomil Gold in the following crops
How does Ridomil Gold help your crop?
Ridomil Gold has curative and protective properties. When you spray it on your crop, it enters the plant through roots, stems and leaves. It is then translocated upwards thus also protecting new growth.
This has the effect of safeguarding your yield because it keeps the late blight away. If the blight attacks your crop, it might be difficult to control and this will have a negative impact on your yield.
Ridomil Gold is applied mainly as a curative but can also be used as a preventive spray. This means you spray to make sure that late blight does not attack your crop.
It is recommended that you apply a maximum of 3 treatments at an interval of 10 days during the rainy season when late blight infestation risk is high.
How to apply Ridomil Gold
The average application is 2.5kg/hectare. When mixing for spraying use 250 grammes per 100 litres of water.
When you spray ensure a full cover for the crop for maximum effect.
In order to ensure the success of your crop, you need to get it right at the very beginning by using compound fertilizer at planting or transplanting. A proper dose of nitrogen during the developmental stage will set you on the course to a high yield.
Safety when dealing with chemicals:
- Always read the label before applying
- Always wear protective clothing when applying a chemical
- Store chemicals under lock and key
- Always check for compatibility before mixing more than one chemical
- Always wash tools and equipment after use